Neuro-rehabilitation for this clientele consists of:
- Offering specialized rehabilitation services to affected children, taking into account their evolving health condition and age;
- Allowing walking at all times through the use of walking robots and other interactive play technologies;
- Assist the child in learning by using a variety of therapeutic approaches;
- Prevent the risk of falls associated with lower limb weakness (therapy based on gait, balance, transfers, etc.);
- Ongoing adaptation of the rehabilitation program according to the evolution of the disease, fatigue and pain;
- Transfer of therapeutic knowledge to daily living, recreational and social activities.
The goal of rehabilitation services at the Neuro-Concept Centre is to make life as normal as possible and to provide maximum independence to people whose mental abilities allow it. The primary goal of the neuro-physiotherapist is to minimize disability, which means first and foremost preventing or correcting muscle contractures and preventing poor growth resulting from atrophy. Exercising the affected limbs is clearly the best way to preserve and make better use of their health.
Neuro-kinesiologists can increase children’s physical activity levels that are considered to be lower than those of their peers. Physical activity is considered to be beneficial to health, especially a program that promotes gait control. In adulthood, it is important to continue healthy lifestyle habits, adapted physical activity and mobilization of affected limbs.
At Neuro-Concept, neurological rehabilitation is aimed at the well-being of children suffering from a neurological disease or recovering from a trauma. Each family has its own personalized project and we understand that. Through our evaluations based on new advances, we can have a direct influence on the type of care offered. It is important to take advantage of this time of great opportunity and allow the child to use his or her full developmental potential to prevent or minimize disabilities and potential secondary problems. For this, a quality of stimulation, support and accompaniment, particularly in the organisation of the care around him/her, is necessary. Finally, we take into account advances in scientific knowledge applied to the rehabilitation of neuromuscular diseases and motor development. All this demonstrates our professionalism and expertise in satisfying our customers.
Neuro-Concept offers a supplement and a complement to the follow-up provided in hospitals and other institutions of the public system. Our care serves the child by providing optimal treatment intensity and frequency. We know that there are waiting times and that public health services are not always accessible. This is why, in order to better serve pediatric clients, Neuro-Concept is committed to offering its clinical expertise to families as quickly as possible. We act as collaborators and favour consultation with all those who care for the child.
If you would like an evaluation of your child, do not hesitate to contact us.