The speech therapist at the Neuro-Concept centre offers specialized services for oral and written language disorders as well as swallowing disorders to clients with neurological conditions. From the initial evaluation to personalized intervention, the speech therapist works with you to improve your quality of life. Whether you are struggling with aphasia, stroke, traumatic brain injury, neurodegenerative disorder or pathological voices, the speech therapist knows how to give you the appropriate tools to progress in your rehabilitation and help you develop, restore or maintain your ability to communicate and promote your autonomy and integration into family, school, professional and social activities.
The speech therapist is involved as much in promoting healthy communication habits and in prevention as in evaluation and rehabilitation. They are called upon to play various roles, such as those of clinician, expert, consultant, health promoter, communicator and trainer, among others.
Our speech therapist can assist in the following situations:
- speech delays and disorders, including articulation, phonological and motor speech disorders;
- Language delays and disorders, including expression and comprehension in oral and non-verbal contexts;
- Fluency disorders, including stuttering;
- voice and resonance disorders;
- swallowing and eating disorders in adults,
- Cognitive-communication disorders, including social communication skills, reasoning, problem solving and executive functions;
- pre-literacy and literacy skills, including phonological awareness, decoding, reading and writing;
- communication and swallowing disorders related to other problems, e.g., hearing impairment, traumatic brain injury, dementia, developmental, intellectual or genetic disorders, and neurological disorders.